Genius Hour Project Finished!!
Hey friends! I've basically finished my genius hour project. All that is left to do, is to create my ted talk video that will basically sum up all of my findings and allow me to deeply reflect on what I've put together.
The final aspect of my trip that I needed to organize was my overall budget. I've already decided on my itinerary, where I'll be staying, and what relatives I will be visiting. the last step is to establish a structured budget so I know how much money I need to save between now and departure.
I have worked it out for each country:
Holland:
daily cost:
accommodation: $60-$70 per day (actually free, as I'll be staying with family)
transportation: $17 per day
food: $27 per day (more like $20, as family will insist on buying meals)
entertainment: $15 per day
alcohol: $20 per day
total: $72 per day
seven day total: $504
Switzerland:
daily cost:
accommodation: $100 per day (actually free, as I'll be staying with family)
accommodation: $100 per day (actually free, as I'll be staying with family)
transportation: $20-30 per day (take into consideration I'll have access to my uncle's car)
food: $40 per day (more like $30, as family will insist on buying meals)
food: $40 per day (more like $30, as family will insist on buying meals)
entertainment: $44 per day
alcohol: $25 per day
total: $130 per day
seven day total: $903
Flights:
flight to netherlands: $400
flight from netherlands to switzerland: $100
flight home from switzerland: $800
Total budget for seven days: $2700
I'm really pleased with the budget, as my last trip to europe cost me $4000 (UK + iceland) for fifteen days, and my trip before that cost me $5500 (italy + greece) for thirty days. I am flexible on the budget, as one can't strictly plan a trip due to mishaps, extra costs, saving money in certain ways, etc. but regardless, I will pleased if I stay under $3000.
Stay tuned for my ted talk style video about how I feel my genius hour project went, my findings, my discoveries, and much more (;

Comments
Post a Comment