Ready, Set, Genius Hour Reflection!
Hello everyone (:
Really successful week all around. I finished my powtoon video on my genius hour intro page as well as my trailer on the genius hour trailer page. go check them out! I also learned a lot about integrating mobile learning into the classroom, both in this tech class and also in my language arts class. I decided on five apps I would show my students how to utilize in the classroom (i am going to use them myself too :p)
More great news, I have consulted various family members and have a better idea of how I will spend my time in switzerland and holland. Here is a rough outline of the places I hope to go, events I wish to partake in, and people I plan to see:
SWITZERLAND
Places:
- clarens (where my uncle and aunt's home is)
- laussanne
- montreaux
- locley
Events:
- jazz festival
- boat ride
- hike up the mountain near my uncle's house
- marmot sanctuary
- chalet for dinner
- marina
- vevey market
- air show
- 11th century castle
- olympic museum
- underground old mill production "col des roches"
- watch museum "musee d'horlogerie du lockle"
- cemetery near my uncle's house
- restaurant les bouleaux
People:
- uncle martin
- auntie marie-louise
- lauren (cousin)
- bastien (cousin) and wife kristel
HOLLAND
Places:
- amsterdam
- aalsmeer
Events:
- anne frank house/museum
- ferry
- riks museum
- heineken museum
- houseboats
- water tower my cousin works at (he can open it up for us to go up for great views)
- flower fields
- greenhouse warehouse (beside my cousin sondra's house) that grows flowers
- fishing off my cousin's deck
- gerbera daisy greenhouse (my cousin timhon works at)
- bike ride around the lake
- boat ride with gert and ella
People:
- uncle sean
- aunt ellen
- wim (cousin)
- aunt nel
- uncle hans
- sondra (cousin)
- andre (cousin) and his wife annamarie and their children deborah and timhon
- gert (cousin)
- ella (cousin)
How I feel about my progress: I am really happy I compiled a list of the people I want to see and things I want to do.
what I've learned about myself: this is more what I've reaffirmed about myself - my love for travel. working on this project has only solidified my love for travelling and adventuring, and I am beyond excited to complete the planning of this trip and even more so to step foot on the plane to go to these enchanting places.
My next major step is organizing this into a timeline to make sure I can fit everything in, and make sure it is geographically and financially organized appropriately. The step after that will be to price everything out so i can have a firm but still slightly loose budget to work with. I also want to solidify my transportation means between and during all these events, which will surely happen when i plan the finances.
Until my next reflection enjoy some flowers found in holland ....
Ps. great news! my relatives from holland that i'll be visiting with are visiting my family, thanksgiving weekend, so i can ask them any questions that i have (:
Really successful week all around. I finished my powtoon video on my genius hour intro page as well as my trailer on the genius hour trailer page. go check them out! I also learned a lot about integrating mobile learning into the classroom, both in this tech class and also in my language arts class. I decided on five apps I would show my students how to utilize in the classroom (i am going to use them myself too :p)
More great news, I have consulted various family members and have a better idea of how I will spend my time in switzerland and holland. Here is a rough outline of the places I hope to go, events I wish to partake in, and people I plan to see:
SWITZERLAND
Places:
- clarens (where my uncle and aunt's home is)
- laussanne
- montreaux
- locley
Events:
- jazz festival
- boat ride
- hike up the mountain near my uncle's house
- marmot sanctuary
- chalet for dinner
- marina
- vevey market
- air show
- 11th century castle
- olympic museum
- underground old mill production "col des roches"
- watch museum "musee d'horlogerie du lockle"
- cemetery near my uncle's house
- restaurant les bouleaux
People:
- uncle martin
- auntie marie-louise
- lauren (cousin)
- bastien (cousin) and wife kristel
HOLLAND
Places:
- amsterdam
- aalsmeer
Events:
- anne frank house/museum
- ferry
- riks museum
- heineken museum
- houseboats
- water tower my cousin works at (he can open it up for us to go up for great views)
- flower fields
- greenhouse warehouse (beside my cousin sondra's house) that grows flowers
- fishing off my cousin's deck
- gerbera daisy greenhouse (my cousin timhon works at)
- bike ride around the lake
- boat ride with gert and ella
People:
- uncle sean
- aunt ellen
- wim (cousin)
- aunt nel
- uncle hans
- sondra (cousin)
- andre (cousin) and his wife annamarie and their children deborah and timhon
- gert (cousin)
- ella (cousin)
How I feel about my progress: I am really happy I compiled a list of the people I want to see and things I want to do.
what I've learned about myself: this is more what I've reaffirmed about myself - my love for travel. working on this project has only solidified my love for travelling and adventuring, and I am beyond excited to complete the planning of this trip and even more so to step foot on the plane to go to these enchanting places.
My next major step is organizing this into a timeline to make sure I can fit everything in, and make sure it is geographically and financially organized appropriately. The step after that will be to price everything out so i can have a firm but still slightly loose budget to work with. I also want to solidify my transportation means between and during all these events, which will surely happen when i plan the finances.
Until my next reflection enjoy some flowers found in holland ....
Ps. great news! my relatives from holland that i'll be visiting with are visiting my family, thanksgiving weekend, so i can ask them any questions that i have (:



Wow, some very engaging writing, and good use of images. :)
ReplyDeleteI don;t travel much, so these topics are always very fun for me to review - thanks! :D
But remember, while you want to be casual in your blog dialogue, you still want to be careful about things like capitalizing "I" as in "I'll be home for Christmas." ;)
Dave