And So It Begins ... Genius Hour Project Feels!
Gals and gents! I've recently learned (in literally all my classes) about the importance of reflection. It is a really great tool in one's personal growth and development, as well as fostering the growth and development of my future students. I just want to reflect on this week's tech class a little bit if ya don't mind (: ! This week we used a lot of new technological techniques, such as imbedding slide shows into our blogs (check mine out on my GH proposal page). I also learned how to use both "powtoon" and the "google slides" presentation tool. Stay tuned for my powtoon slideshow which I must say is looking pretty neat so far - I'll be sharing it with y'all at a later date upon its completion. I will definitely be utilizing these newly learned skills in my classroom, and additionally teaching my students these skills to use in their own presentations and projects. Another great idea that i hope to utilize in my classrooms, is a blog! Like I just mentioned, reflection is unbelievably important, and what better way to reflect, than to write about it! It is just something about the written word that adds depth to one's ideas, thoughts, and personal contemplation. I think it will be a great tool for my students' growth mindset. It will also give me an opportunity to understand how my students think they are succeeding, struggling, enjoying, or not enjoying, the school year/school work. In my current job, as a manager, I have one-on-one meetings with my employees to discuss their performance, learning, and any concerns or comments that they have about their job. a blog for my students will embody this kind of a "one-on-one" strategy with each and every one of them.
Furthermore, I am excited that I have began my genius hour project (as i said above you can refer to my GH proposal page to check er out). Genius hour is a fantastic concept first established through google where the company would allow the employees to work 20% of their time on a personal passion project. They found it increased autonomy, work ethic, and all around happiness. It is also a great tool to utilize in the classroom - I mean, why not foster passion and happiness?
check this out
My overall focus for my genius hour project is on putting together a travel itinerary for my trip to Switzerland and Holland. I hope to produce a perfect balance of sightseeing, experiencing the Swiss and Dutch cultures, and connecting with my current family members as well as my family history. I have already started my research by contacting my family members to get the appropriate information to connect with my family abroad as well as get their advice on places to see (as they have previously travelled to those countries). Online research will be extremely informative on what to do in each country, however I find word of mouth will give you the most authentic and genuinely helpful travel tips and ideas.
To leave y'all with a fun adventure vibe, here is a video i made many moons ago when I did a volunteer trip to dominican where I taught english in an elemnentary school. I've left you with the shorter version, but on the same youtube channel is a longer version if you are looking to kill some time (:
Furthermore, I am excited that I have began my genius hour project (as i said above you can refer to my GH proposal page to check er out). Genius hour is a fantastic concept first established through google where the company would allow the employees to work 20% of their time on a personal passion project. They found it increased autonomy, work ethic, and all around happiness. It is also a great tool to utilize in the classroom - I mean, why not foster passion and happiness?
check this out
My overall focus for my genius hour project is on putting together a travel itinerary for my trip to Switzerland and Holland. I hope to produce a perfect balance of sightseeing, experiencing the Swiss and Dutch cultures, and connecting with my current family members as well as my family history. I have already started my research by contacting my family members to get the appropriate information to connect with my family abroad as well as get their advice on places to see (as they have previously travelled to those countries). Online research will be extremely informative on what to do in each country, however I find word of mouth will give you the most authentic and genuinely helpful travel tips and ideas.
To leave y'all with a fun adventure vibe, here is a video i made many moons ago when I did a volunteer trip to dominican where I taught english in an elemnentary school. I've left you with the shorter version, but on the same youtube channel is a longer version if you are looking to kill some time (:
This is a really cool Genius Hour project I've been browsing through your blog and it looks like your really passionate about travelling. In the end I feel that you did come up with the perfect balance of sight seeing while also spending time with your family. I would suggest going over your blog posts and correcting some of the grammatical errors, some i's need to be capitalized and there are only a handful of spelling mistakes. Overall, I think your blog layout is easy to navigate through and I found everything I was looking for. I love how you used your own videos so you didn't need to worry about copyright and citing for those, while also adding a personal touch to the blog! You used tools on your blog that could be incorporated into the classroom, great job!
ReplyDelete